ARTISTIC APPLICATION Nº2
ARTISTIC APPLICATION Nº1
Links are part of our life. When two geometric figures are tangent, they have continuity with each other. Which generates smooth shapes and without sudden changes.
In the design world they are used frequently:
I want you to see these tutorials in this order, they are examples of what you will do later in your sketchbook with other information:
0.Tangencies explanation and rules:
1. First example: Straight line tangent to a circumference:
2. Second example: Two tangent lines to a circumference from an exteranl point P:
3. Third example: External tangent circumference to another circumference:
4. Fourth example: Internal tangent circumference to another circumference:
5. Fifth example: Tangent circumferences to another two circumferences:
We are going to do these exercises in two weeks:
- First week:
- nº1: Draw a tangent line to a circumference whose radius measures 4 cm using your compass. Free tangency point.
- nº2: Draw two tangent lines to a circumference whose radius measures 3 cm from an external P point. Free P point.
- Second week:
- nº3: Draw an external tangent circumference whose radius measures 2’5 cm to another circumference whose radius measures 4 cm. Free tangency point.
- nº4: Draw an internal tangent circumference whose radius measures 2’5 cm to another circumference whose radius measures 4 cm. Free tangency point.
- nº5: Draw two tangent circumferences whose radius measure 3’5 cm, to another two circumferences whose radius measure 4 and 3cm respectively and the distance between their centers is 9 cm.
This is my musical recommendation for this week: